The Climate Collaborative is a natural products industry initiative to catalyze bold action, amplify the voice of business and promote sound policy to reverse climate change. It is a project of OSC2 and the Sustainable Food Trade Association (SFTA). The fiscal agent is the Sustainable Food Lab, a 501 (C) 3 charitable non-profit.
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, positive leader who can juggle multiple projects and manage a compelling climate campaign for businesses in the natural products industry. The Director is responsible for oversight, management and superb execution of the Collaborative including programming, communications, outreach and fundraising. The successful candidate must be able to manage a team and a network but also be willing to roll up their sleeves and execute tasks. The ideal candidate is experienced working in an entrepreneurial environment with the business community, preferably in a climate and/or sustainability role and will have proven fundraising skills and demonstrated success leading fast-moving campaigns or other outreach and engagement initiatives. The Director must excel in project management and relationship management.
The Climate Collaborative Director reports to the Management Board and is responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the project including programming, finances, board management, communications, human resources and organizational development.
The Director’s responsibilities include:
• Administrative and fiscal management including fundraising and managing to budget, assuring that adequate funds are available to permit the Collaborative to carry out its work, as well as fiscal accountability to the Management Board and Fiscal Agent
• Implementation and/or oversight of outreach and programming including facilitating planning and evaluation
• Managing internal and external communications including newsletters, online and media
• Facilitating the strategic planning process and development of program, outreach, organizational and financial plans with the Management Board, and carrying out plans and policies authorized by the Management Board and Fiscal Agent.
• Developing opportunities for collaboration with partners
Candidate Experience and Qualifications
• Director level experience within NGO, or sustainability role in business
• Successful experience in entrepreneurial environment
• Management of fast-moving campaigns or engagement initiatives
• Demonstrated success in execution of high quality business stakeholder engagement and/or behavior change initiatives
• Proven success fundraising and as a fiscal manager
• Demonstrated track record as highly resourceful and willing to do hands-on work in a resource constrained environment
• A strong communicator and writer able to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to multiple audiences
• Knowledge and understanding of climate issues and landscape, and ideally well connected in the climate and business sustainability communities
• Experience reporting to a board of directors
• Minimum of ten years of experience
• Natural Products Industry experience is a plus
Personal Attributes and Skills
• A proven skilled manager with relationship management skills
• A creative problem solver that initiates ideas
• Self-disciplined, focused, decision maker
• Superb interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work collegially with others and with the highest standards of integrity
• Articulate, effective communicator
• Strategic, sees the big picture and can execute against plan to drive results
• Excellent project management, organizational and planning skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once
• Positive attitude and sense of humor
• Outstanding detail orientation and follow through
• Maintains a deep working knowledge of climate and business sustainability issues
• Passionate about addressing climate change
Looking to fill the position immediately. The search will close when the successful candidate is recruited to fill this position.