Corteva Agriscience™, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™ is recruiting for a Global Sustainability Leader to pave the way and position our organization as a market leader in sustainability. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity as we prepare to spinoff our current DowDuPont sustainability program into our own, unique program for Corteva Agriscience™.
As our Sustainability Leader, you will shape our global, corporate sustainability program. You will lead the implementation of our global sustainability strategy to drive growth and business value for Corteva.
As a member of the Corteva global External Affairs function, your responsibilities will include engaging global external and internal stakeholders to position Corteva’s sustainability value proposition and support execution of global sustainability initiatives. Specific examples include: leading teams to establish voluntary commitments, global sustainability stakeholder engagement and supporting disclosures, employee engagement programs, sustainability linked thought leadership and visibility strategies, and communications.
• Provide overall expertise on sustainability to the organization including understanding current state of standards and best in class practices of leadership companies --- both globally and within the food and agricultural sector
• Lead Corteva’s global sustainability strategy development and program implementation, including non-financial materiality/stakeholder engagement and goal-setting
• Lead global cross-functional communications and disclosure projects, including sustainability reports, ratings and rankings responses, investor and value chain inquiries, and marketing and communication programs/campaigns
• Drive corporate governance processes and provide support as needed for Board of Directors and senior leadership decision making on sustainability linked policies, positions and voluntary commitments
• Engage stakeholders to communicate Corteva’s sustainability strategy and performance in meaningful, stakeholder-specific ways
• Represent Corteva’s sustainability strategy and environmental/social/governance performance to investors and stakeholders
• Represent Corteva Agriscience externally and at industry events to communicate our sustainability innovations, value, and approach
• Build strategy to elevate Corteva Agriscience as a preferred sustainability partner in the food value chain, including to downstream companies and consumers
• Interface with Seed Platform, Crop Protection Platform, R&D, Integrated Operations and Commercial Leaders in regions to support setting and achieving company-wide sustainability strategy, goals, and commitments
• Identify global sustainability trends, policies, and stakeholder expectations that could impact Corteva’s businesses and growth
• Develop global communications and strategies to position Corteva Agriscience representatives as sustainability thought leaders
• Develop programs and partnerships with external stakeholders (NGOs, members of civil society) to advance Corteva Agriscience’s sustainability strategy
• Bachelor's degree in agricultural engineering, math, statistics, or related field of study paired with 7-10 years of experience in engineering, manufacturing or related with direct experience in sustainability programs
• Equivalent related education and experience may be considered
• Demonstrated experience with corporate sustainability programs and strategies through professional experience (company, consulting, etc.)
• Experience working with investors and understanding of key environmental and social issues important to investment community
• Knowledge of and experience working with various sustainability stakeholders (e.g., NGOs, multilateral institutions, associations) and supply chain companies
• Knowledge of and experience working with various sustainability frameworks/protocols (e.g., UNGC, GRI, CDP, IR, TFCD, and others) and assessment tools (e.g., LCAs, eco-footprint)
• Experience working in the food and/or agriculture value chain is highly preferred
• Understanding of sustainability expectations from multiple stakeholders and ability to balance the need for financial goals with increasing external expectations
• Ability to understand business needs and work proactively to develop solutions that are aligned with commercial needs
• Proven leadership skills and ability to work through others to accomplish goals and milestones
• Ability to execute in a complex operating environment during period of significant transition
• Proven ability to engage with multiple functions and businesses to advance goals
• Demonstrated strategy development and implementation skills
• Ability to write content and critically review communications across multiple audiences
• Ability to develop a strategic communications plan
• Strong oral communication skills
• Results oriented and ability to lead initiatives from synthesis to implementation
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the demonstrated ability to influence, promote and excel within teams
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities
• Planning/Organizing: Ability to effectively organize workload and handle a high volume of rapidly changing priorities. Demonstrates an orientation to concrete results
We are excited to announce that Corteva Agriscience™ is the name of the new Agriculture Division of DowDuPont™. We are bringing together DuPont Crop Protection, DuPont Pioneer and Dow AgroSciences to create a market-shaping, standalone agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture. We will work across the global agriculture value chain to create a more efficient food system.
At Corteva Agriscience™, we seek to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume. This means we will help rejuvenate the agricultural ecosystem to support people and the planet and to ensure progress for generations to come.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on ThinktoSustain.com