Hale Farm & Village Seasonal Sales Associate - Western Reserve Historical Society
Responsible to the Retail Sales Manager for assisting with the operations of the MarketPlace, Admissions and Cafe including front line sales and customer service, accuracy, food service and profitability.
Part time, Seasonal & non-exempt from overtime compensation
Coordinates with the Retail Sales Manager and Visitor Services to carry out daily admission and retail and café operations.
1. Maintains a flow of merchandise to support level of sales:
Works with Retail Sales Manager to coordinate sales and merchandise receipts.
Assists the Retail Sales Manager to manage the point of sale system for the store, keeping consistent with the guidelines of WRHS;
Accurately record all transactions on the point-of-sale system.
2. Implements an effective visual presentation of merchandise including appropriate signage:
Maintains a clean, safe work environment, including store, café, and common areas.
Maintains fixtures and equipment.
Works with Retail Sales Manager to maintain professional and attractive signage and promotional windows.
Works with Retail Sales Manager to maintain effective merchandise presentation.
3. Maintains a high level of customer service:
Develops personal relationships with customers.
Handles customer exchanges and returns.
Places special orders and notifies customers of their arrival.
Performs all admission, café and MarketPlace functions.
4. Maintain Core Performance Standards:
Commits to a regular schedule.
Follows dress code and other codes of conduct.
Provides additional assistance for key events
5. Comply with the Society's accounting systems and procedures:
Follows procedures for transfer of shop receipts to the business office on a timely basis.
Assists to controls operating expenses, including, but not limited to, supplies, merchandise, and equipment.
6. Performs all aspects of Guest Services and Admissions:
Maintains communication with all departments regarding special events and programs.
Carries out all policies and procedures for guest services
7. Supports income generation initiatives by identifying and recommending programs and activities based on the strengths of the department that will contribute to the financial success of WRHS.
8. Other duties as assigned by the Hale Farm Retail Sales Manager
Job-related skills include, but are not limited to initiative, goal orientation, creativity, and communication. Ability to walk/stand for long periods of time is necessary.
Previous retail and/or food service experience highly recommended
Essential personality traits include enthusiasm, dependability, flexibility, and integrity.
To apply for the position, please e-mail your cover letter and resume to Janet Waterman, HR Associate, Western Reserve Historical Society at (see below)
Employment Type: Temporary
Work Hours: Part Time
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on ThinktoSustain.com