SENIOR PROGRAM ASSOCIATE, MARKET ENGAGEMENT TEAM
The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is a mission-driven leader at the forefront of market-based solutions to today’s climate and energy challenges. IMT seeks a Senior Program Associate to provide project support depth to the Market Engagement Team (MET). The MET Senior Program Associate works closely with landlords, large tenants, trade associations, peer non-profits and colleagues at IMT to advance policies and practices to improve the energy efficiency of commercial real estate. This position requires a demonstrated working knowledge of the real estate industry and financial structures. The Senior Program Associate reports to the Director of Market Engagement.
• Develop partnerships and represent IMT with companies, trade associations, and government agencies
• Lead the implementation of 1-3 projects related to the Market Engagement Program’s goals
• Create educational materials (articles, presentations, case studies) on green leasing and other energy efficiency initiatives
• Work with private companies and federal government agencies to develop energy strategy and/or green lease language
• Perform outreach to state and local governments on energy efficiency issues
• Conduct research and analysis in support of IMT’s Green Leasing and Commercial Finance Programs
• [Desired] Develop analytical models to estimate quantitatively the potential impact of the implementation of private market initiatives
• Responsible for independent presentations internally at IMT and externally to partners.
• Contributes to strategic direction of MET program area
• Works on multiple projects with multiple deadline expectations. Strong ability to work on multiple teams and tasks.
• May manage interns directly and coordinate other staff indirectly
Qualifications and Skills
• Undergraduate degree in real estate, finance, business or related field
• 3-5 years of post-college work experience, ideally in commercial real estate, energy efficiency, or a related field
• Strong writing and oral communication skills
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Advanced Excel skills or proficiency with data science languages are a plus
• Ability to work on a diverse range of projects with diverse teams of policymakers, architects, engineers, economists, attorneys and industry professionals
• Ability to learn an industry quickly
• Interest and/or experience in green buildings, commercial real estate, environmental policy, and sustainability consulting
This is a senior associate position in a growing organization. IMT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as health, dental, retirement, and vacation benefits.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements. Please write “Senior Program Associate” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
IMT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, with a mission to promote energy efficiency in buildings. Achieving that vision requires market transformation, a process of strategic intervention in the market to remove barriers to energy efficiency. We work in partnership with policymakers, environmental groups, and business leaders that are helping shape the future of energy efficiency in America. Our efforts contribute to important new policy outcomes and widespread changes in practice that benefit the economy and the environment. For more information, visit imt.org.
We are headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, a few blocks from the White House. We provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big things, and we have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values all types of diversity, including racial, ethnic, and gender diversity, and is committed to promoting and fostering diversity within our organization and Board of Directors. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.